Information on Covid 19
We follow guidelines from Swedish authorities and have taken severeal precautinary steps based on regulations and recommendations so you can continue to feel safe when staying with us.
Our precautions regarding Covid 19
Handsanitizer is available in the reception and all priate and common rooms. We keep a distance of a minimum of 1,5 metre between sitting guests and tables can be found in three different rooms. Our guests can book a specific time for breafast with 15 minutes interval.
All employees are careful to clean the items that are reused by guests. For example. remote controls, door handles, room keys, etc. are disinfected. Internally, the same requirements apply to telephones, keyboards and such.
Mouthguards and disposable gloves are available and used by staff when needed. This also applies to guests on request.
Feel free to book breakfast in advance or buy a lunchpack for your trip.
Welcome to Horrmundsgården!
Frequently asked questions
Where exactly is Horrmundsgården?
Horrmundsgården is located 18 km north of Sälen. The address is Horrmundsgården 1, 780 69 Sörsjön. A map of the area can be found here.
How is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation until 14 days before arrival are free. If cancelled betweeen 1 and 14 days the first night is charged. A room cancelled on day of arrival or in case of no-show the whole booking is charged. Other rules apply for bookings during the Vasaloppet week and group bookings.
How do we pay?
We accept cards or swish at check-in. For larger bookings the entire amount is charged by invoice and due 30 days before arrival.
Do we need to clean?
We are only able to keep our low prices by guests taking care of more themselves. That means that before check-out you are required to remove bed linen, vacuum-clean and take out your trash. If you have rented bed linen from us you even need to put the used sheets in a blue washing bag in the linen cabinet. In principle you leave the room as you found it.
If you want to avoid cleaning you can add it to your room for 100 kr.
Can we come and go as we please?
When you check in you are given two keys, one to your room and one for the front door at Horrmundsgården. You can therefore come and go when you like. Remember that our guests expect a quiet time between 22:00 and 07:00.
Are pets allowed?
We love animals. They are welcome on specific rooms but not in the whole house. At the moment we have three rooms available for animals and their human friends.
Do you have wheel-chair accessible rooms?
Sadly no, the property is not wheel-chair accessible.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking in not allowed anywhere inside the house but smoking areas can be found outside. Please put cigarette butts in the ashtrays and not on the ground. The same applies for snuff bags, they should be thrown in the garbage.
Is bed linen included?
Bed linen is not included unless you booked full b&b service but can be rented at the property. It is obligatory to use. (Sleeping bags are not allowed).
Bed linen and towel cost 100 kr to rent.
When can I check in?
You can check in every day between 16:00 and 20:00. Please contact us latest at 19:00 if you arrive later then 20:00.
When do I have to check out?
Check out is at 11:00. We allow later check-out as long as it does not collide with new arrivals.
- The property is manned every day throughout the year on arrival and departure times.
- Self-catering is welcomed at the property. A fully equipped kitchen for is at your disposal as well as a BBQ-hut and outside patios. We have several outside-games available such as Boules, Kubb, Badminton och fotbollar. We rent out canoes and the children can get fishing equipment.
- Bed linen is not included unless you booked full b&b service but can be rented at the property. It is obligatory to use. (Sleeping bags are not allowed.
- You can order breakfast which is served every day between 8:00 – 9:00 (can be customized).
- You can check in every day between 16:00 – 20:00. ATT! If you arrive after 20:00 please contact us before 19:00 at the latest.
- Pets are welcome on certain rooms but are not allowed everywhere in the house.
- Closest shops and restaurants can be found in Sälen. Ask us about other restaurants in the area.
- During winter we have many visitors. Before midsummer and from mid-august until Christmas the tempo is significantly lower. Nature is at it’s most beutiful and variant during this time and well worth a visit.
Payment is due at check-in with card or swish. We do not accept cash payments.
When the whole accommodation is rented out we require a partial up-front payment to confirm the booking. Rest is due 30 days before arrival.
Cancellation of room is cost free until 14 days before arrival. For cancellations until 1 day before arrival the first night is charged. If cancelled on same day or in case of no show the whole booking is charged. Other rules apply for bookings during Vasaloppet.
When the whole accommodation is rented out payments made are non-refundable.
Please note that during Covid-19 our cancellation policy is more flexible.
- Som gäst på vårt vandrarhem ska du visa hänsyn mot andra gäster. Mellan kl. 22:00 – 07:00 ska det vara tyst i huset. Byggnaden är över 100 år gammal och det är väldigt lyhört.
- Lämna rummet städat och plocka undan efter dig i allmänna utrymmen.
- Låt inte privata tillhörigheter ligga framme på toaletten eller i andra rum. I köket har varje rum sin egen hylla i kylen.
- Om du lämnar mat när du åker, så kan du ställa den på hyllan ”Varsågod att använda”.
- Låna gärna spel och kortlek, men plocka undan efter dig när du är klar.
- Husdjur är tillåtna på vissa rum men inte på andra ställen i huset.
- All rökning sker utomhus och ej direkt utanför entrén. Fimpa inte på gården!